MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-19-2003/21001_Eulogy.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Remembering R.P.
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 27
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
This was a commisioned piece. It is the Eulogy of my client's adult son that passed away. The signature "All my love Patti" is the author of the Eulogy. My client requested a screen print of the author to make it personalized.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I am looking for feedback on layout, color, calligraphy and dried flower arrangement. Also on pricing on such a piece for future reference.

Helen Zapata
04-19-2003, 12:17 PM
This is lovely!!!

I would consider adding a photo of the person (in this case, the son) in future pieces.

I like the arrangement. Is this a cut out mattboard? Perhaps also in the future, using another matt beneath with the edges offset so that each section has a bit of an outline.

I wouldn't have a clue what to charge. Maybe based on materials plus an hourly rate for the time it took to create?

Helen

designditz
04-19-2003, 11:58 PM
nicely done!.. i agree with Helen on the matting...as far as pricing goes..it depends upon how long it took you and the cost of materials etc..i always have an hourly price in mind..better than working at Mcdonalds :)!!

lilink
04-22-2003, 08:56 PM
Thank you Helen and Sarah for replying. I asked the client about a dual mattboard but her request was one matt. I think the cost of dual custom matts made the difference. I never did think of the picture though. That would of made a nice touch.

Thanks for taking the time to look and critique for me :)