PDA

View Full Version : ~~Daily Wash~~ April 19~~

Nandie
04-19-2003, 01:59 AM
Well, since Andy's not here to start the wash, I'll get it going before I head off for bed!;)

I've got nothing really planned for Saturday, so if it's raining out I'll probably just stay in and play with paint. I'm counteracting my "creative lull" by going through my lesson books and trying some new techniques.... I'm not in a slump, just uninspired at the moment now that "Rue Lavallee" is finished. I'm hoping maybe learning a new technique will get me charged up to try it out on a real painting.

Hope you all manage to relax a bit and do some painting on this busy weekend.:cat:

artmom
04-19-2003, 04:22 AM
Well, Nandie said "Goodnight" so I'll say Good Morning!

My slump is still continuing, but I did finish a little 5 x 7 of a terracotta pot with a marigold in it that my 6 year old granddaughter gave me that she had painted on and gave to me with the adage--"Grandmama, you could paint that!" I did, so she will have the painting and I'll have the marigold and pot!

Also, I piddled around w/a landscape that I can't figure out how to finish, and tried a study of a door in Venice--but messed that up. Still want to do a series on doors, if I can get the hang of it.
When I was in Florence, I just walked around looking at the beautiful doors.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Happy painting!

Lyn

jaytee
04-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Hi. a quick goodmorning/goodnight/Seasons Greetings.......... and thanks to concern shown about my hand. The antibiotics now kicked in so I can once again twiddle fingers ....hooray.... except I have old friends - not seen for 10+years - arriving soon and must do a tad one handed housework to get dust down form 2" to 1/2" :evil:

The garden has completely run away in a week... but making lemonade from lemons......... I have enjoyed the sun, watching the birds and standing with a hosepipe........ we have been having forest fires here too..... unbelievable!!!!

Fred the nipper very contrite ( not reaqlly his fault, stupid to put hand in way of digging terrier) and showing me lots of licking love.

Must stop... fingers tingling........... happy hols to those who are..

Gilberte
04-19-2003, 04:46 AM
I'm not a regular customer (!) here but I would like to wish everyone a nice Easter weekend !

painterbear
04-19-2003, 06:31 AM
Good Morning all,

It is 6:15 a.m. on Easter Saturday morning, light is breaking in the sky. The bird who usually sings outside my window must be sleeping in this morning. It's so quiet, the only noise is coming from my keyboard as I tap on the keys.
*In the time it took me to type this, he woke up and is trilling away like crazy. LOL.

Jaytee, So glad you are on the mend. Don't worry about the dust, your friends are coming to see you, they won't even notice dust, especially when they see your poor wounded fingers.

We had friends coming to see us a few years ago that we hadn't seen in several years. Like you, I was running around cleaning the house, getting things set up for dinner. While washing the prep dishes, one slipped as I was rinsing it, hit the sink divider, broke, and a piece cut my wrist rather badly. Off to the hospital for stitches. When our friends arrived, I had a big bandage on my right wrist, and Mimi wound up helping me fix the rest of the dinner and cleaning up afterwards too. What a way to start off a visit!

I'm working on another Southwest scene, but I'm not sure if it will turn out or not. This is another practice piece for the large one I've yet to do.

Started looking through some of our slides and pulling out ones that look promising as themes for painting. Wish I had been thinking along those lines when I was shooting the film. Most of them show the scenery and local sights very nicely, but they definitely weren't shot as references for paintings--too far away, too much scenery, not enough closeup detail, that sort of thing. I would definitely compose my photos differently now.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter holiday weekend. Enjoy yourselves.

See you later.

CharM
04-19-2003, 07:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone... Looks like we have a beautiful, sunny day in Southern Ontario. It's a yardwork day... Most of the prep work is my husband's... He does grass, I do flowers. Before I can get to the beds, he has a mountain of leaves to rake away from them... Then the digging, dividing, thinning begins... My muscles aren't going to like this... they've been sedentary (mostly) the whole winter...

Today is my son Jon's birthday. He's training in Alberta and isn't allowed to call home... I haven't been able to speak with him for the last three weeks and it will be another three before he returns to his home base... I remember, as clearly as if it were yesterday, the day that he was born... It's amazing how fast 29 years spin by... Blink your eyes and they're gone... :(

You guys must learn to be more careful of your hands!!!

Slumpers/slumpees... hope you find something inspiring today.

Ailing friends... hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great day everyone!

BobH
04-19-2003, 07:51 AM
Good morning!

Jaytee - glad you're on the mend!

We're getting ready to drop our daughter off at a friends house so she can go with that family on a school vacation trip to Disney World in Florida. Lucky her!

This might be the first time in 20 years that my wife and will be without kids for an extended period of time. Our daughters say it's a practice week for next fall when they are both away at college. I don't know, I find myself not looking forward to the "empty nester" period... I'm excited for the girls but this not seeing them on a regular basis kinda s***s. It didn't really hit me when the first went away 'cause I still had the second around, but now they'll both be gone!! Ah, well, the stages of life!

Hey, have a great weekend everyone.

Is anyone running in the Boston Marathon? (Not that I am, I couldn't run in the Boston cul-de-sac :rolleyes: . Just curious.)

Bob

Uschi
04-19-2003, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!
To those of you who won't be here tomorrow, Happy Easter!!!!
Jaytee, soooooooooo glad your hand is getting better, that was scary.

I guess it will be a bit of a gardening day today. Started this garden when I bought the house 5 years ago, enlarged, dug pond, never thinking that I might get arthritis and this whole gardening business would become hard work and painful. Nor am I the kind of person to do a bit at the time. I usually carry on until I drop, don't know when to stop, so have to learn how to do little stages at the time.

Since it was cold the last few days put the gardening on hold and started painting a hydrangea. Couldn't resist buying it. It is the kind that has flowers around the edges of the head and little ballies in the middle. Well, it certainly isn't turning out to my liking, but will continue messing around with it.

Have a great day everyone!!!!!
Uschi

Little Old Lady
04-19-2003, 08:41 AM
Another cold dreary day here.
Jaytee glad your hand is on the mend.
Good gardening to rest of you and good painting to others.
Laundry today if I want clean clothes.
JoAnn

Strawberry Wine
04-19-2003, 08:51 AM
Good Day to All

Jaytee: I m glad to hear that your hand is improving. Take it easy on the housework and just enjoy your viist with friends.

Uschi: You have the rest of April and all of May to get that garden back in shape, so remember your own advice, " a bit at a time"

Char: NIce to hear you have sun in Chatham, looks like rain here on the shores of Lake Simcoe. The sun may make an appearence this afternoon and it is starting to warm up some.

Nice to see you here Gilberte and a Happy Easter to you. Drop in more often.

My sister is coming down today so I have a turkey ready to go into the oven. I am going to make a potatoe salad and sister will do some kind of green salad. Non traditional turkey dinner, but thought we would turn it into a more of a celebration of spring meal. They still have piles of snow about 2 feet high at the edges of her driveway.

Lots of birds outside my window as well Sylvia. I have had the binnoculars out and am trying to decide if I have a Hermit Thrush, a Veery or a Fox Sparrow under the feeders. Identify by the beak, my book says, but the little guys wont sit still long enough for me to see it properly

Have a great day to those I have missed and keep healthy and happy

Gail

Strawberry Wine
04-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Hi Again:

Bird identified as a Fox Sparrow stopping by on it's migration north.

Gail

coffee_girl3000
04-19-2003, 11:30 AM
I'm back! Had an amazing time in the French Alps, took millions of photos which will be developed soon. No painting as had no time and nowhere to do it, but was so busy it didn't matter. I really enjoyed learning to ski, and passed my course with a merit :). Also had a chance to practise my French, when talking to the ski instructor and shop keepers etc. Hotel was pretty bad but the village and mountains were spectacular. Weather was absolutely boiling, I have a nice tan, and also enjoyed watching rural France roll by as we drove to the resort.

Happy painting and Easter!

:D

tessp
04-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi all,

Just had an early visit from the Easter Bunny. :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2003/8692-bunny1629tp.jpg

Sarah, glad you made it back in one piece. Do share some of your photos, I'd really love to see them.

Not only have I been working long hours, but my parents visited last weekend for the first time in years. There was a great deal of preparation to be done for that. So I haven't had much time to paint or participate here, but I'm hoping that will change soon.

Happy Easter!!

Tess

artmom
04-19-2003, 12:17 PM
Sarah, welcome back--especially in one piece!

Tess, great shot of the rabbit--thanks for sharing:)

Lyn

coffee_girl3000
04-19-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by tessp

glad you made it back in one piece.

Tess

LOL...just about! I stabbed myself with my ski pole yesterday :). But no injuries really apart from bruised legs, and a sleepy head (think I'll go lie down now).

mchew
04-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone.... I'm late today.. lol Going off to bed after this... had a great time at the art class today... I was painting a scene of Singapore Botanic Garden with lots of foliage... guess it's pay back time after all those animals.... and everyone said nice things about it... it's half way done and I'm bringing to home to finish it since I've got so much time now... ;)

.... which means I now have three on-going paintings waiting for me to finish... 1) This painting see ^ 2) the shops which I'm doing as a WIP (will probably continue tomorrow... 3) the painting for the Madmum's Shell project which I kept delaying and delaying.... lol

Reason for being so late.... football... :D .. just watched Man U beat Blackburn Rovers 3-1 and the EPL titile race is getting very close this season.... So, I'm very happy that Liverpool won 2-1 against Everton at Goodison Park... Yay!!! :clap:

See ya... I'm off to bed ....zzzzzzzz

lyn lynch
04-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Nandie gave herculean effort in WIP, should have a bit of a rest. Learning new stuff is great relaxer.
JT, oh! yes! Fred sorry, probably scared him big time see this thing coming at him from what he thinks his under the ground. Feel better.
Sylvia, how wonderful! Good friend help w/dinner. Hope it heals well. I have wonderful snaps from years I lived in NYC but like you they are unuseable. I am not breaking out that Pentex to relearn it but have passed on many flower photos because not enough contrast to provide interest. We learn so much at WC!
Uschi, for a spot of fun paint that hydrangia losely w/middle tone, being sure to reserve plenty of white areas. Then detail a path of just a few individual floweretts linkiing. Love the smell of these flowers. Like a bit of heaven. We will have to begin planning for you to visit me in Arizona next winter--bit of a break for you.
Welcome back Sarah and congrats on new accomplishment. Bit of feel good isn't it? Looking forward to some painting from you.
Tess, wondered what you were up to! Glad reunification went well.
Head dreary day in my house. Lots of "head" gardening. Shim has school this afternoon. Kitchen needs cleaning. Here I sit at keyboard. :D Have good day all and enjoy preparation for those having family day on Easter Sunday. Auntie.

mustcreate
04-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Happy Saturday to all you Washers and Washettes:)

good to see you back Sarah :)

Quiet day planned here. some painting, some photo printing to update my painting album and a game of Risk with the family.

I made Easter dinner yesterday and MIL came over. yummy ham and scallopped potatoes and a fluffy coconut cake for dessert. :) Tomorrow is brunch and dinner at my parents house. Hopefully today I will make up some of those swirled Easter eggs I've been planning on doing for weeks. :rolleyes: :p that is so me to leave it til the last day. lol

Have a great weekend all

em

M.A.
04-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Hi everybody,
Busy day here. Slept in this morning and was even late for my watercolour class!!! We worked on a one colour value painting, very interesting. Love those values.
:)
Hope everyone is having a hoppy Easter!!! I know I am 'cause I sure am hoppin' around!
Here's today's work from class:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Apr-2003/18725-wineglass1.jpg

pampe
04-19-2003, 04:57 PM
whew

where has the day gone....

swam....ran errands with hubby...got some roses and flowering plum tree to make the garden look even better for Doug and Emily's view from the guest room......NOT that they will be in there together:evil:

Worked on the gardens all afternoon....BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!

Now to clean up and head to friends for dinner

I realized that I will be away for 6 days and not here painting:eek: :eek: :eek: Feels awful *I must be a REAL PAINTER finally*:rolleyes:

I think it is so amazing the cycles....When
I am in a slump, others are painting like the furies....now I have a bunch of ideas and painting mojo and others are in the desert....ain't life strange....

thank GAWD we have each other

Have a great Easter!

Pam

Uschi
04-19-2003, 06:26 PM
Beautiful, beautiful day here!!! Gardened all afternoon and am tired now, so thought I'd recouperate here. Grandchildren coming in 1/2 hour, ohhhhh and I am tired, they better be good HA!

Sarah, glad you are back - skiing in the alps, especially at this time of year - heaven!!!!!! Wonderful memories for you and for me!!!!

Tess - lovely bunny, but better you than me, one of my friends who is a master gardener and has all these unusual plants has them and they eat everything in sight and she cannot get rid of them, as a matter of fact it brought its babies last year.

Fookie - too late re loose hydrangea, sat in the morning and continued and now I like it!!!!!!! but not finished. Arizona in winter???? YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, sounds to me that you have lived in about as many places as I have HA!

Mary Ann - nice value painting, so basically you are practicing em's underpainting, just in a different colour HA!

Pam, travelling again!!!!!???????

Amazing, the Brits are already in bed, which reminds me - Hi Ruth!
Uschi

M.A.
04-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Uschi - lol.

moondancer79
04-19-2003, 09:58 PM
hi all. Easter sunday here now and its a beautiful day(pity I have to work). Hopefully manage to go for a walk at lunchtime.

sarah - glad to see you back. look forward to seeing some of your photos and some paintings based on them.

hope everyone has a wonderful day.