Year Created: 2003
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 11X8.5
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
TV just takes up too much time...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I coloured the background quickly with photoshop, just to see what it would look like. I think I should have just left it white. What do you think.

s-augustson
04-18-2003, 10:55 PM
i like the background colored.

shawn

gillyvu
04-19-2003, 01:05 AM
Tv starts to look like that around three o'clock in the afternoon, and when i was younger CBC looked like that bf 6:00 am. I love it, and i love the backround in ralation to the foreground.

bradbrains
04-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Thank you for the kind words. Have you ever been stuck watching a show, knowing that you should be doing something contructive, like painting or drawing but just can't peel your eyes away from the screen? Maybe I should ditch the cable...

Helen Zapata
04-19-2003, 12:19 PM
I like the added red. Perhaps add some cast shadows in black to further the drama?

Get rid of cable? .. naw... just get a longer one so it will reach your studio. :D

Helen

s-augustson
04-19-2003, 12:31 PM
LOL. I am addicted to TV. I have one sitting here on my desk by my computer so I can watch the hockey games. I have a large screen in my family room, I have a large screen in my bedroom, I have two 32 inches in other rooms all have DVD players and I bought a portable DVD player to use when traveling. I like movies!
I have cable hooked up and can never seem to find anything on it, LOL.

No matter what room I am in I can always see the hockey games, even from the bathrooms!

Shawn

Luzie
04-19-2003, 04:39 PM
It's just the weirdest thing you would create/post this now!
About 2 weeks ago I realized that I was stressed out and didn't hardly get anything done, I went cold turkey without the TV, which used to run constantly in the background...All that is on now, is the radio. I have gotten so many things done in those last 2 weeks it's amazing and I feel so much better, Study says TV is a passive thing and creates agression (guess by being flooded by images/stories and never being able to respond/react...) also that an average american spends 7 years of his life in front of the tube...scary.
Anyway, Life without TV is about more living ones own life instead viewing the lifes of others?

Your work makes more than sense!

loop
04-21-2003, 12:54 PM
have you ever watched a child that was doing something walk past a turned on tv, only to catch it's hypnotic gaze , become enthralled, sit right down and abandon the life they were just leading to watch the flashing lights.

"god lives in your T.V" Marilyn Manson

bradbrains
04-21-2003, 01:13 PM
Yes, yes I have. I have a soon-to-be five year old daughter who is easily absorbed by the TV. The power of Powerpuff Girls.