PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Spring Flowers

ScarletLake
04-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi gang

Haven't uploaded anything I've tried in a month so here goes.

Size 11 x 7.5 just odd sheet of paper left over Arches 140 CP

I was in watercolor group & didn't have any thing in mind. Just started with circle flower shapes.

OK - Don't know how colors will show from scan. I'm just wondering how to save this. Don't know what the h I'm trying to do. But hey I'm laughing all the way.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2003/17672-spring_flowers.jpg

So any comments will help & I can take it. We laughed alot in watercolor group today.

Anita J.

colors look lighter in the scanned image. They are birghter in real life

JustjoGA
04-18-2003, 07:43 PM
I think it's very nice... I would suggest just a little violet shade in one other flower, deepen the greens a little... and it will be great.

CharM
04-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Anita, your scan is coming up quite grainy on my monitor. But, frankly, I like this as it is. It's very fresh and loose. Your leaf brushstrokes are quite beautiful! The flowers look like they might be pansies? It doesn't matter because they're lovely as well.

Laughter is good. It has healing properties, did you know that? It shows in your spring painting!

Little Old Lady
04-18-2003, 08:51 PM
Lovely flowers. Think they could use a little more dark!
JoAnn

K8Black
04-19-2003, 05:04 AM
Anita:

Very very nice. Love it! :clap:

Kate

painterbear
04-19-2003, 06:36 AM
Hi Anita,

Good to see you back posting your paintings.

Your spring bouquet is lovely and light in mood. I like the variation in the greens and the texture of your leaves. Your flowers are very pretty, but I think you could drop some of the purplish color in another flower and the shadow area. It seems isolated right now.

If you add some darks, especially in the shadows beneath the bouquet, that would make the flowers really pop out.

Owlcrazycat
04-19-2003, 07:15 AM
Looking good. I would definitely add some more darks in the leaves under the flowers to show more shading - the flowers will then appear brighter.

Well done.

Julie

Annetta
04-19-2003, 07:51 AM
Lovely watery, loose feel to this!! I agree to add a touch of darks here and there but otherwise it's a great painting :clap: :clap:

surreal
04-19-2003, 07:57 AM
I love your palette!

Uschi
04-19-2003, 08:14 AM
I think it is very pretty, love the colours!!!
Uschi

rapolina
04-22-2003, 05:08 AM
very nice! :clap: :clap:
I thing just some stroke to improve contrasts and become wonderful!

ciao, rapolina.