GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: "Flowers and a Glass of Wine"
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Wood
Dimension: 9x 11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Had different plans for this, but decided to stop and leave well enough alone.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Is it well enough to leave alone? Thanks, Jim

s-augustson
04-18-2003, 06:17 PM
very nice Jim. I love the atmosphere of this.

Shawn Augustson

jerryW
04-18-2003, 06:32 PM
aye
fair and lovely

Paintonbrush
04-18-2003, 06:34 PM
I think its well enough to leave alone, next time maybe do a closer crop, more mystery, but as it is, it has a style that mesmerizes, your creamy thick paint and laid back attitude mixes well.

bocote
04-18-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm quite happy leaving this alone from here. Its always tough knowing when to stop and knowing when something needs a little more.

have fun,

Bocote

coulter
04-18-2003, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I vote for leaving it, Jim, this is a great next step. More stylized and designed and good glops of great paint!!!

Mark

woodguy
04-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Thanks, Shawn!

Aye, Jerry, she is fair and lovely!

Thanks, Diane! My first tendency is to go in very close and create a very dynamic composition. I have been trying to back away some and still keep the composition strong, so this, along with other recent paintings, is an attempt to present a bigger, but still interesting, picture.

Thanks, Bocote! I did go back in and do a little more. I added some light around the foot that is resting on the couch. It appeared, at least in the digital image, that the foot was floating. Now it seems to be comfortably resting on the couch.

Thanks, Mark! Actually there are not a whole lot of globs on this. I did break some "rules" in this. There is more, and thicker paint in the very dark areas. Everything else is pretty much scumbled onto the very smooth and glassy gessoed wood.

Thanks again to all for looking and taking the time to comment. Jim