PDA

View Full Version : The Road Home

coulter
04-18-2003, 10:55 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-18-2003/6690_theroadhomeb.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Road Home
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
hmmmm, been stuggling lately, this one's about half right.....

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome

andyvry
04-18-2003, 02:29 PM
I really like what you've got here.........wouldn't have thought to paint 'just a road' myself.

Maybe, maybe.........a touch darker on the side road in the foreground, like a little better defined..or how about some grass stems kinda scratched through.....not a lot, a few I mean.......Well that's the only part of the picture that I find myself going back to for some reason (?)

andy.

Paintonbrush
04-18-2003, 06:12 PM
I'd say more like 80% -my opinion
its way good....some dark tucked in along between the grass and the roadside for some contrast...its wonderful......
really, makes me want to hit the road and turn up the music..

jerryW
04-18-2003, 06:31 PM
exquisite gorgeous messy real
holographic.
magnificent

woodguy
04-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Mark, I really DO like your palette! Jim

coulter
04-18-2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks everyone, I sure wasn't sure about this one....

Andy, I DO need to go back and bring the grass over to the road... I don't think of this as "just a road", to me it is "the way streaks of sunlight play across the wet pavement of a lonely country road after a late afternoon rain shower" but that's too long of a title, and as I said, I wasn't sure I'd hit it :D

Thanks Diane, I was thinking of adding some on the right side of the road between the dip and the guard rail, is that where you meant?

Thanks Jerry, "holographic" YES!!

Jim, thanks, I got away with Ultra Blue, Cad Yellow Med, Burnt Sienna, a touch of TRO for the oranges. And white.

Mark

Paintonbrush
04-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Mark, actually I was thinking on the left side betweeen th e viewer and the guard rail, in the forefront you already have some shadow....It looks good

artinoils
04-19-2003, 07:20 PM
Love this!
Looks just like the road I take to the beach with shadows from clouds following you. Especially love the light on the tree above the guard rail.
Only thing I would give more thought to is the area where you signed. It seems to attract too much.