PDA

View Full Version : Basic help

pampe
04-18-2003, 10:00 AM
I am working on a pastel portrait (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102061) of TeAnne

Need some input and I trust you guys to give it to me....thanks

Pam

karenboss
04-18-2003, 10:30 AM
oh, I think its coming along very well! I love the composition angle, color choices. Sorry I can't offer anything - frankly I think you've got it!

tigre255
04-18-2003, 10:53 AM
:( Sorry can't offer any help, as I'm terrible with portraits.....but it looks good to me.......

But will look see what others offer for help......:D

lyn lynch
04-18-2003, 02:05 PM
"Holy Hell!" I love this TOO!
Fabulous Pamps! You got a way with them sticks!
[Love TeAnne, too] Can you put a bit of a kitty-cat tail reflecting in her glasses? TeAnne loves kitties, too.

mustcreate
04-18-2003, 02:10 PM
wow!!

really excellent job so far on such a difficult perspective!!

totally appropriate colours...FUN!!!

sorry, I don't know what to tell you for a critique.

just keep going!!

em

M.A.
04-18-2003, 06:39 PM
I commented on the pastel channel where you are doing this WIP ... love it!

ScarletLake
04-18-2003, 07:09 PM
Pam

I don't know beans about stuff but from observer I don't like the nose. That one nostril. I know it is from a different angle but just don't know what it is about that nostril.

Otherwise I like it. And like I said I don't know squat.

How many years have you been painting. I think you're awsome.

Also you'll have a good background for understanding this. The nursing home I interviewed with had 32 defiencies. #1 patient abuse on a scale of 1-4 they got 3's & 4's. I already knew when I went that I was not going to take anything there just had to see for myself. It was a good example of a place looking good to the untrained eye. While I was waiting for the interview I saw a door open with all their medical supplies. It was open to the hallway & this room was left open for anyone to enter into. Should have been a locked room.

well off to see what else I missed today.

anita j.

Little Old Lady
04-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Wonderful. Have to check out that project.
Anita. I am so proud that the nursing where I volunteer and where my husband was a patient. is deficiency free.
JoAnn

Uschi
04-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Pam, you have a wonderful way with colours!!!!!!! I think it is very good, only one thing bothers me and that is the stark white between her nose and uppeer lip. I know it's the sun but maybe a hint of and indication of the dint (what on earth is that indentation from nose to lip called????)
Uschi

pampe
04-20-2003, 10:46 AM
thanks for the comments...I also posted it at the ART CRITIQUES gallery where they (Jerry, Impulsive, etc) thought I should stop
as the folks in pastels do

I did a tiny bit more.....but I'm going to leave it;...at least till I learn more

Anita..I just started pastels this year

Thanks for running over there and looking!!!

Anita...don't compromise on Long Term Care. JoAnn ;)