PDA

View Full Version : Need help on this

Crystal Owl
04-18-2003, 09:58 AM
It was going really well on this till I decided to use this dark purple for shading lost my lights and tried scrubbing but if I scrub anymore I'll end up with a hole in the paper.

Any ideas how to fix this? This is my first floral that I'm really proud of and I think I really screwed it up.

Irene

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2003/8609-rosewip.jpg

pampe
04-18-2003, 10:02 AM
naw...didn't screw it up

Just take your darks DARKER and leave these as your middle value

what size?

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Apr-2003/4054-rose.jpg

Crystal Owl
04-18-2003, 10:05 AM
It's 5x7 Pam, I thought about taking the darks darker that's the only thing that I can do. I'll have to have another go at this one I love pink roses after I finish this one.

Thanks,
Irene

pampe
04-18-2003, 10:09 AM
I know I will hear about this comment:

:rolleyes:

You can always go darker!

Crystal Owl
04-18-2003, 10:12 AM
That's the funny thing, as I was working on it, I heard the voices on WC Use purple....go darker..... :D

wilkinsonart
04-18-2003, 10:34 AM
First off I was not drawn to the too dark situation until you pointed it out. I do not use it [ and it may fall into the anti watercolour purists' no nos] but white gauche I am told may be of use in a case like this. Good luck.

CharM
04-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Crystal Owl
That's the funny thing, as I was working on it, I heard the voices on WC Use purple....go darker..... :D

I'm glad you're hearing those voices too!! LOL

Honestly, I like the dark colour in the bowl of your rose... If your carry on with it, the flower will come together beautifully. You have something really good going here...

Crystal Owl
04-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Pam I didn't see the photoshop thing you did thank you so much I just printed it out so I have an idea where to go from here.

Kids are off school today will have to make them clean their rooms so I can paint. LOL

Irene

lyn lynch
04-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Yup, darker. That's all you can do once lost all the lights and surprisingly it works out very well, as pamps showed you. Let's see it again, then.
For the pink rose [which I love too--I have one or two in my RIL-just click on my profile], remember to reserve your lights-that's all.

Giselle
04-18-2003, 02:16 PM
Irene, I have to agree with the rest about adding some darks. Your rose is coming out beautifully, love the pinks.:clap:

Lines
04-18-2003, 02:24 PM
I would like to suggest that by error you have created
something very good and unusual. The slightly blurred
appearance is maybe the scanning? If not it is very
effective for me.
The total intensity of colour and the contrast between
light and dark areas works already.
I advise don't touch it, frame it!