http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-17-2003/4969_blueball12.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-17-2003/4969_bluebal1.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Dance Blue
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 11x6
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
wasnt going to be finished, then decided I think I am.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
;-)

Ginette
04-17-2003, 07:24 PM
I like this very much Diane.
Especially the Dancer on the left and how the lights streams down her arm.:clap:

Ginette

artbabe21
04-18-2003, 12:57 AM
and the pink dancers are where???? LOL, just jokin' ya...

these are lovely, oh, those gorgeous skirts alone and the light falling on the arm...yes, happy time dance!:D

somerset
04-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Yes indeed, finished. Masterfully.

Phila. Art Musuem has had a Degas exhibit for the past 2 months. Indescribable but... I am not sure if it is just a reflection of our times or a reflection of the artist but the show is also a little creepy. The viewpoint of most of the seemed to be one of a voyeur. This perspective is a breath of fresh air.

Luzie
04-18-2003, 09:21 AM
Like this very much and it is one of my favorites of yours (next to the piggys and the flamenco dancers):)

Fagan
04-18-2003, 09:40 AM
Beautiful work! Lovely light on the skirts and skin. I used to do this........*LOL* when I was a teen.

Paintonbrush
04-18-2003, 09:58 AM
All us girls want to do this dont we?
Beverly-good for you, I never did this....I was such a Tomboy (still am) thanks for your nice words.
Luzie-I just had some slides taken of some of my work, but this was not done yet,,,,,,darn, would have liked to include it....I am glad you like ....I am going to do this large which brings me to
CATHLEEN-pinkie girls are on my wall......you should see my walls!!! I even have them drying on the ceiling, my hubby hit his head on one last night....used one or two swear words....I think I will do this the same size as the pink ones.
Somerse-I;ve also never really understood creepy art....I bet it was such a pleasure for you to view Degas real art...thanks for your comments
Ginette-sometimes when I paint just to lay down a layer, with the intention of setting in one or two more, hubby comes home and says, leave it.....dont touch it...then if I do touch it again, he says for months on end, "I told you to leave it" Ill give him that...huh? this one I left. you all helped me decide that.

coulter
04-18-2003, 08:36 PM
I love the light, but the figures don't ring true.... But I love the light and brush work is as exquisite as you've done.

Mark

(PS, I never did want to do this, but the people I've met who do, are so incredibly strong and intense, I admire them)