PDA

View Full Version : Canson MiTientes paper Argh!!!

meowmeow
04-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Alright...I have used this paper so many times and never had a problem...this morning I started a new little still life and as I am working the pastel over the side of the paper I notice letters appearing about 1/2" into the paper! It is embossed "Canson MiTientes"!!!! What the heck!!!! So I have flowers with writing in them. Looks great! :D I have done enough work on the painting I don't want to scrap it so I will keep going and figure I will not get rich and famous over this one but boy, am I annoyed.
Has anyone else had this happen? HAs it been happening to me all along and I never noticed it? I don't get it!!

Sandy

CarlyHardy
04-17-2003, 01:09 PM
I've had this happen to me too! LOL Fortunately it was in an area where cropping was an option! Now I check the sides to be sure I'm not adding a 'hidden design' into the painting. Since I tape my paper down, I don't usually work out to an edge anyway.

I use a sanding block to sand my Canson (smooth side!) and once I left a sticker on the back side without realizing it....had a perfect shape in the center of the paper! I check for hidden stickers now too!

I think it would be interesting to have my name or a logo on a flat surface so I could rub over it and create a hidden image in the paper. After painting over it, my name would show without having to sign!!
carly

Artistammy
04-17-2003, 06:18 PM
I think I started a painting once like that. I've also been annoyed before by having to work around that embossed name. Something to be careful about. I'll probably end up doing it again some day when I'm in a hurry. lol but I hope not.

meowmeow
04-17-2003, 06:26 PM
I'm glad to know I am not the only one! :D
I have been working on it off and on all day and in fact it is filling in and I think will be fine. It was just such a shocker to see those letters pop out at me though! :D

Sandy