PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost there...

zilloot
04-17-2003, 11:25 AM
..for the may show. Hanging two weeks on friday and it IS all going to be ready despite the nerves and angst!! Last pictures almost there so it is possible!!!

Just want to say that if I can do it then anybody can so big encouragement for all WC'ers.

Sneak preview: 'Brother and Sister' (posted on other forum too)
graphite on rough cartridge paper, 10"x18"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Apr-2003/18080-bands.jpg

I'm mostly a pastel person but just wanted to share this hug.

BTDogMom
04-17-2003, 11:30 AM
Wishing u all the best!!! Good luck on yer show, and your Whippet hug is adorable, VERY Well done!!!:clap: :clap:

soap
04-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Exciting! Can you tell nosy us (me) what kind of show it is? Where, what?

Good luck - but I am sure you won't need it!

bnoonan
04-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Best of luck on the show. Having glanced as so many of your collection pieces, we know you'll do great!

Barb

Drumbeat-trish
04-17-2003, 04:47 PM
Adorable hug zill :) Glad you are nearly there and am sure the show will go well for you :)

Redsy333
04-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Oh thanks so much for sharing this!!!!:D
Luck flow freely for you;)

butterfly
04-18-2003, 02:15 AM
Congratulations and good luck with your show, zilloot !

Will you be able to post pictures of the show ?!?!?

Butterfly/Roni

zilloot
04-18-2003, 03:03 AM
Hi folks!

Thanks for your comments - WC is a great place.

The show is a solo in a wee gallery in a country town...but it is 25 pictures which have seen blood, sweat and tears...well, not really but it has been a steep learning curve (and I can't wait for the next one!).

I hadn't thought of taking a camera to the preview but I will.

Inkling
04-18-2003, 03:23 AM
Love the picture and good luck with your show!

ginatec
04-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Think positive... It's great. Good luck and a big hug for the models LOL!

Artaholic
04-19-2003, 03:15 PM
zilloot , good luck you do good work . Let us know how it turns out.

Gerry

jackiesimmonds
04-20-2003, 07:03 AM
Fiona - totally understand about the nerves and angst - I have sent out 1500 exhibition catalogues, and haven't had ONE bite! I am now absolutely panic-stricken.

Just one thing to remember. Sales do not reflect necessarily the excellence of the work. It is much more to do with how wealthy people are feeling right now, and whether they can afford a luxury item like a picture. Gone are the days of affluence and easy sales. I have absolutely NO DOUBT your pictures will be much admired, and it is important to realise that this is valuable too, even if it isn/t much consolation when there is ahuge framing bill to meet!

It is a lottery. Some artists always do well, despite the downturn in fortunes these days -most are artists who have got the whole package right - the price doesn't matter if you are a collectible artist, someone with an established track record which means that your work will increase in value and is an investment. for those less qualified and established, it is a question of getting a) the subject right (think you have) b) the price right (?) and c) numbers thro the door to see the work.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed!

will be thinking of you
Jackie

Mo.
04-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Superb picture...good luck with your show!

cheers,
Mo.