PDA

View Full Version : New Member

zenjenn
02-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Hello all!

I'm a new member who has recently gotten back into art after a hiatus of over a decade. I loved to paint in my youth (high school, college, and a bit beyond), and even hold a B.A. Art. But, then I got a graphic design job, and then a couple kids and well... the art ended up very marginalized to say the least and before I knew it 10+ had flown by and I had almost no art to show for that time, not counting murals for children's rooms.

I have taken up art again. I have a personal short-term goal of getting enough finished paintings completed, framed, and prepped, to submit to a local art league for attempted sale. I have a feeling I'll end up spending more than I make but.. just looking for a little online support in the endeavor. :wave:

Jon
02-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Hello, it’s very nice to meet you! :wave:
Please let us know if you need assistance with the site features.
Note:
* You can access any Forum by using the Channels Menu at the upper left OR the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen.
* Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
* There are “Stickys’ at the top of Forum pages that are full of useful information
* * Clicking on your own username will present a drop down menu with numerous options including finding all of your own posts

gmarie
02-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Hello and Welcome. Continue to make yourself at home and enjoy your time at WetCanvas. :wave:

RobinZ
02-21-2012, 11:44 AM
Zenjenn, art has a way of taking on a life of its own. You never know where it will lead you and that's part of the exciting and scary part of it! Keep working, get it out there, and amazing things will happen for you!

Let us know if you have any questions about WetCanvas that we can help you with!