PDA

View Full Version : a copy of Cezanne's Victor Chocquet

Anonymous
04-16-2003, 10:02 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-16-2003/16183_P4050004cezanne_s_victor_chocquet.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: a copy of Cezanne's Victor Chocquet
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 9x12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I'm obviously a beginner. This was a practice piece. I know there is more wrong than right. I treated his face differently as I was figuring out what to do with my paints, learning about mixing color, values, temp. etc.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything you could tell me or offer to help me improve would be welcomed/appreciated. Any hints on creating different skin tones would be helpful. Do people create a base color and then glaze over in different colors?

Paintonbrush
04-17-2003, 10:11 AM
Welcome-keep reading and posting and painting. Your style is attractive, would really like to see a close up. I se good form and your crop well done.

DLGardner
04-17-2003, 10:38 AM
This is a strong bold painting. You have wonderful shapes and contrast. You catch the light very well.

I could give you flesh tones in oils but acrylics stump me so we'll wait for a someone more experienced in the medium.

So far, I like this. You might want to study facial porportions a little more if you are looking for a more realistic face.

Keep posting you are doing great!

Dianne

jerryW
04-17-2003, 12:20 PM
you can develop the right color and composition by mixing - and going over and over, incrementally bringing it to a wholeness that you like.