GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Basking In The Sunlight
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
# 3 of Spring from photos of my outing last Friday .. of course still playing with details .. what to what not to .. not real accurate on color here as the purples are deeper but it's close to the real thing .. just less depth as you can see into the shadows more on the painting.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Trying a few new things .. one of which is to get a warmer coloring that works .. warmer?

artbabe21
04-15-2003, 09:22 PM
this is SO marvelous.....woohoo, I see your work changing...LOVE that tree, how the light has caught on the leaves, the dark background...it all works beautifully...

now why aren't you on the ceiling thrilled to the core?

designditz
04-15-2003, 10:05 PM
it is lovely as is!... but you could try warmer :)

gillyvu
04-15-2003, 10:11 PM
I love your brushstrokes, it's so intense! I don't seem why you want it to be warmer, it seems good as a cooler color scheme. I love yuor pic, it's everything I love about the outdoors, those scenes that you can't capture by photograph. That reminds me... supposed to snow 2morrow... IT'S APRIL!

coulter
04-15-2003, 10:20 PM
This one looks more hurried than the others, I don't think I'm talking about actual time spent, just the impression....

I know we're taught to have more detail in the foreground, but I think what is meant is the impression of detail, and leaving the meat of the thing to the focal point.

This seems formulaic... geez, you know, you'd think I didn't like it, but I do!!!! The darks in the foreground repeated in the background, the colors (warmer which I like a lot), the light, I think it's wonderful! (sheepishly) I just like the others better :D

Mark

woodguy
04-16-2003, 02:15 AM
Wayne....I think that last Friday was a RED LETTER day for you! Very nice. Jim

bocote
04-16-2003, 03:00 AM
I think I like this one best of the 3. colors are more intense and there is more of a feeling from this one. brush strokes are about the same throughout, but I like these a little better. What time of day was this one done and the others?

have fun,

Bocote

Wayne Gaudon
04-16-2003, 06:39 AM
Cath~ .. thank you .. as a child would say .. 'cause .. no reason I should not be but I'm not .. bored to tears after 3 ..

Sarah & gillyvu .. thanks .. I just meant warmer than my old colorings .. I used to use a heck of a lot more blue and am currently swithing over to a warmer pallett. :D .. not your fault .. only the old timers would key in on that one.

Jim & Bocote .. thank you

Mark .. actually more fussed with .. this is only the 3rd of this series and I'm bored .. will see what #4 produces .. I have about 10 shots that I plan on doing.