GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Spring Has Sprung #2 Different Field
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Different field .. same day .. done from photo and memory ..

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
<?>

jerryW
04-14-2003, 07:28 PM
this beauty took a few more minutes but wow!
really worth it.

woodguy
04-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Wayne, I think that this is absolutely the best of your work that I have seen! Everything about is is great. Very well done. Jim

Lorijo
04-14-2003, 10:14 PM
This is super! Lorijo

bocote
04-15-2003, 01:33 AM
I'm still brand new here and I know your work now. This is better than the last one I feel. Things I like include: multilayered background, even and consistant brush strokes, tree structure, blues in the snow. Compositionally very strong and a nice work of art.

The only thing I feel takes away from the piece is the hard line of the grass edge on the right in the middle of the snow. other than that and a signature you are golden I feel.

when do we get #3?

have fun,

Bocote

artinoils
04-15-2003, 03:32 AM
You're on a roll:D impressed...enjoying the new studio I think. Another winner!

Wayne Gaudon
04-15-2003, 08:48 AM
this beauty took a few more minutes but wow!
jerry .. actually it went in about 1.5 hours .. had a hockey game I had to tune in :D

Jim & Lorijo .. thank you both for your appreciation

bocote .. maybe today <> maybe tomorrow .. LOL .. the signature is there (bottom left grass), but I make mine by writing my signature into the paint .. of course no one can read my signature but I figure if anyone wants to find out who's signature it is, this is the age of information .. they will find me .. will scoop out a little of the edge on that line .. it is fairly straight .. thank you.

artinoils .. yes .. room to work is nice. Thank you.

jerryW
04-15-2003, 10:46 AM
whatever explains the sensitivity
should be repeated.
great stuff.

Wayne Gaudon
04-15-2003, 11:07 AM
whatever explains the sensitivity

.. this whole thing came off as a result of thinking of a lady, recently deceased while I made the painting Silent Passing (Named for her passing, not the passing of the season)

That piece was sort of a little going away gift for her spirit as she was an avid collector on eBay and she collected a lot of different artists. I had gotten to know her over the last 6 months through email and dealings and on hearing she passed on, it touched me .. you know .. here yesterday .. gone today, sort of thing ..

This piece is a continued exploration of adding more detail as I did for Silent Passing .. perhaps she has touched me on her way and opened a door for me .. one that I had closed without a whole lot of exploration.

designditz
04-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Wayne you are truly coming into your own with these! Sometimes good things come with an unfortunate change...keep on this road..it is lovely! :)

Paintonbrush
04-15-2003, 08:15 PM
movement in a direction that becomes you. She will be missed..
great tribute wayne

coulter
04-15-2003, 08:57 PM
Yeah, it's clicking... I'm curious how you feel about these, switching to a somewhat different style and all, do you feel it's you?

And what great spirit this person was/is, regardless on which side of life she now presides, an obvious muse :D

Mark

Wayne Gaudon
04-15-2003, 09:06 PM
thank you Sarah, POB, Mark
.. yes, I am trying this out to see if I can filter this ideal of detail to suit me .. after all, I have to be happy painting .. I'm slowly getting into this but for how long ???