PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

James verDoorn
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
The composition is essentially a series of vertical shapes moving across the image... with a couple of curves and circles thrown in for variety. But, as always, itís the texture and the light that I enjoy to most.

I thought I posted this yesterday.... oh well, here it is now.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Feb-2012/267601-Deja_Vu.jpg

Photoshow 24 x 24''

Katie Black
02-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Delightfull..much to look at..which I always like!..the long bendy piece of bone like structure with the dash of orange on the top is my favourite bit.

PushingPixels
02-17-2012, 12:25 AM
This is a very interesting piece James, the lighting is so mysterious.

DebAmmerman
02-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Very interesting indeed... lots of yummy texture... nice rich color... I like it. :)

Wilsonart
02-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Your distinguished style.
I may have said it before, but your work
could be picked out from thousands, it's that
much of a signature. Which is excellent, of course.
And oh yes,,,the light,,,,:thumbsup:

James verDoorn
02-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Katie, Barb, Deb and Babs.... for me this image was like going home again... lots of familiar forms and, of course, the earth tone color palette.

Thanks to all of you for viewing and posting comments... it's always appreciated.

vhere
02-19-2012, 07:10 AM
I really like this - lovely limited colour range and then that touch of red. Interesting shapes and lost edges too.

James verDoorn
02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi vhere.... this is a color palette that is an "old favorite" of mine. I love the phrase you use... "lost edges"!

Again, thank you for viewing and posting.

droll13
02-21-2012, 06:48 AM
As noted, you have a very distinctive and pleasing style. "Organic" or natural shapes and textures and earth colors combined with artificial, hard edged shapes - some unlikely, many floating, all somehow fitting in perfectly. Topping it all off are your trademark spots of pure color, carefully done with restraint.

The end result? Great, intriguing, mysterious, beautiful images.

James verDoorn
02-21-2012, 12:51 PM
Hi Dave.... I'd say you have got me pretty well pegged.... thanks!

BTW... is your website still unfinished? ;-)

davefriend
02-21-2012, 01:36 PM
I like this James, As Katie said "...much to look at" but a pleasurable task!

James verDoorn
02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi Dave... thank you for taking the time to view and comment.... always appreciated.

desrat
05-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Here's another one I have to bump up. James, a predominance of earth tones always does catch my eye, and in this one you've combined them very nicely. On top of that, this one gives me a sense of a "wild west" flavor, which pulls my eye to it ever further since the "wild west" is my favorite part of the world.

I also like how you've "filled in" all the space without making it seem too cluttered.

Sean T.
05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Your work is interesting. The clarity of the painting makes me feel it is a realist painting, but then when I look closer, I can't tell what anything is. That is an interesting experience. One of the greats painted some dead rabbits hanging from a hook or something after a hunting trip (I can't remember who did it). This one instantly brought that painting to mind (same tones), but, as I said, I couldn't actually make out any particular "thing".

Good work.