PDA

View Full Version : War Horse

Skylar10
02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
I was quite taken with this film. This image is my interpretation of the horse and setting, not an image from the film, tho I used a ref photo for the horse and saddle,etc. From scratch. Digitally painted in style of Oils on Canvas. Orig working size was 5400x3900 pxls at 300 pxls per inch resolution. One layer, no digital enhancements)
Sorry, my 3G connection is tenuous, at the moment - I can't seem to load the image. (OK, just moved to a window)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Feb-2012/196381-War_Horse_8c.jpg

OcelotEyes
02-16-2012, 08:28 AM
I haven't seen the film, but this work is fantastic. Definitely got that oil on canvas feel. :)
I can't quite decide if the look in the horse's eye is fright, courage, or reassurance... maybe a bit of each! Great job.

OcelotEyes
02-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Awww come on folks, I can't be the only person to reply to the lovely digital horsie! :(

aRt4us
02-19-2012, 06:24 AM
I love colours, and you have created some nice colouring here.
The way the horse looks back works well.
Must see this flim sound great.
Painting fun
Gary

Greg Long
02-19-2012, 06:59 AM
Awww come on folks, I can't be the only person to reply to the lovely digital horsie! :(

We lost some posts from yesterday again... the site reset to a previous restore point it seems.
PS, the horse looks well.:evil:

coconut
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Wonderful painting...love that background ... fab lighting ...:thumbsup:

Brindle
02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Nice painting and composition. Love the horse's skeptical look-back. Seen that look a lot of times on my mule, haha! One suggestion: Seems to me the saddle could use a few touches of warm tones as the leather would reflect some of the colors in the environment; it "reads" just slightly unfinished to my eye.

I enjoy digital sketching with ArtRage on my iPad2, and like to see digital paintings like yours that actually LOOK like a painting.