<?>

arourapope
04-13-2003, 09:25 PM
gorgeous!!!!!!

jerryW
04-13-2003, 10:05 PM
everything right.
often I think you abandon too quickly
here adjustments were made until it hangs together on its own.
well done.

artbabe21
04-13-2003, 10:30 PM
OUUUUEEE, do I like this! ground so warm & textured and love those trees!

designditz
04-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Love everything about this...great colors!

Murals By Aga
04-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Sinter is finally coming to an end ;)

woodguy
04-14-2003, 12:46 AM
Cool Snow! Jim

bocote
04-14-2003, 02:03 AM
Extremely good composition. The layout is very nice. I took a slice of the painting out to give an idea of how I like to weigh the components in a piece of art. If a majority of sections have good composition of there own then its all good. Lots of great qualities I like here include: tree structure, snow color, soft background, strong foreground with dark in the front - very nice.

As with most anything that is on the computer its always hard to see exact details, but I feel that there might be some things that I'd like to see... The background has 2 layers of debth that I can see. It works well on the left, but as you go right the background moves forward and there seems to be room for some more stuff. The nice orange of the bushes is not continued in the background. The foreground and background have quite a bit of nice texture, but the midground (or whatever its called) looks smooth.

Nice work and have fun,

Bocote

artinoils
04-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Fantastic! Excellent! Colors perfectly relating...composition strong. Done from life?

soap
04-14-2003, 03:27 AM
Beautiful. I love the light

Wayne Gaudon
04-14-2003, 06:34 AM
aurorapope . thanks

jerry .. try not to paint this way .. would like to be more painterly but don't seem to be able to get it right .. confused and dazed at the moment .. was going to throw this out ..

Cath~, Sarah, Aga, Jim, soap .. thank you very much

Artinoils .. no .. I was out this weekend and did another (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100797).. this is one of the spots along the highway I travelled and I stopped to take a few photos of the scene.

bocote .. thank you .. the oranges are there .. just more suttle and less dispersed .. as for the texture of the middle ground, not all areas of a field are similar and mixing things up is sometimes not such a bad idea and then again, maybe not such a great idea .. will remember the pointer.
.. thanks

soap
04-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Wayne, great website!
Good to see all your beautiful work together.

champagneharley
04-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Love the colours. I also think your application of paint is interesting and lively. I would have liked a fraction more painting at the top, just seems a tiny bit too chopped off for me.
The main thing I would do is extend the snow in the thick patch, going up higher from that snow bank (along the left side of the painting), but not stretched out too far into the painting, and possibly extending into the patch where the tree is.
Would be a great chance to add some bunnies somewhere in there! :D
Regards,
Jillian

andyvry
04-14-2003, 08:15 AM
fresh........ wide open spaces....very picturesque, glad to see the snow is going. HA! :D

andy.

coulter
04-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Wayne Gaudon

jerry .. try not to paint this way .. would like to be more painterly but don't seem to be able to get it right .. confused and dazed at the moment .. was going to throw this out ..

I think you gotta split the difference, cuz this is wonderful! I think there is a middle ground you can work, somewhat painterly but and somewhat realistic.
For myself, it's the struggle to be as painterly as I can and have it look as realistic as I can. At least for now.....

Looked again. What a great painting! :clap:
Love the snow in the shadows....

Mark

Wayne Gaudon
04-14-2003, 10:36 AM
soap .. :D

Jillian .. thanks for the insights .. had rabbit stew for dinner .. the other bunnies left the field .. don't know why?

andy .. thanks and yes, it will be nice to get rid of it for awhile though it is quite beautiful and there are no bugs when it's around :D

Mark .. thanks
.. yes, I should be happy and not ask for more .. I will take your advice and paint a few more in this style to see what happens .. 95% knife .. used the brush to draw in the composition guidlines and get in base color and then add the rest with the knife.

Paintonbrush
04-14-2003, 04:55 PM
I think the outside calms you. (unless of course mosquitos are a buzzing) one of your best me thinks