GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Mike's House With Wisteria
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 15 x22
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a piece that I'm doing in exchange for some services. The client wanted me to do his house, but to wait until the Wisteria bloomed. It's in bloom now and I've taken several photos of it in it's stages.
I like the house and the wisteria, but the rest of it seem out of prespective.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Are the two trees to much like alike? Should I include the old garage building with wisteria.
I plan to start over and can make changes in the new piece.

Any advise is appreciated.

designditz
04-13-2003, 06:38 PM
I love your colors! The painting looks a little boxy though... perhaps that is the way the house and gardens are though? all in all it is lovely...just needs a little personal character to really make it sing. just my thoughts :)

jerryW
04-13-2003, 10:08 PM
this has a lot of merit.
I think this artist could do effective abstracts as well after a bit of practice.
the sizes and positionsings of the color areas are effective and support the view of a scene, but there is an excitment in the color relations themselves that is not common.

Linarty
04-14-2003, 08:43 PM
it is a beautiful painting. what throws it out of skew i think is the wisteria on the garage that appears to continue along the back of the yard and behind the house even though the garage appears to in the foreground