PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Hedges

mooz49
02-14-2012, 09:32 AM
This is a painting of a lovely tree lined road quite near where I live. I did try to paint this one before about 6 years ago and I showed it here on Wetcanvas. It was rubbish :o ....and I remember getting told off because I had used a ref picture that I found on the internet .....:o
Anyway ....hopefully my art is getting a bit better ..... :crossfingers: but I still need C&C ..... :D
It is 16" X 22"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Feb-2012/27632-The_Dark_Hedges_painting.JPG

laf.art
02-14-2012, 11:51 AM
wow Mooz, nice job:clap:

Karen70
02-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Oh good colours. I like it!

levanty
02-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Anne. I like that size too. Been buying 5-packs lately as I go through them pretty quickly. This is a great piece of work. Somewhat whimsical. I like the way the trees in the far distance almost seem to be holding hands, lol Good balance of shrubs, color and shading. Enchanting!!!

Kathrin G.
02-14-2012, 02:02 PM
love the mysterious feel to this :clap: :clap: great job Anne :clap:

susme48
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
Anne, I think this is lovely!

IF it was mine, and I thought about doing anything to it...I might add a few 'oddball' branches to the foreground trees. They seem to have mostly just primary and secondary limbs. You could check out any trees near you to see what I mean....would not have to be these exact ones. I found it seemed to help mine from looking 'drawn'? if you know what I mean...I seem to have a habit of making all my trees look alike at the beginning (maybe drawing them the way my mind thinks they should look?) but I find that if I use one real tree as a sort of guide, I can add a branch or two that helps.

I imagine this is as clear as mud...lol...

skappy
02-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Yep Anne your work is better this one was nt bad the light is beautiful and it is full of mystery
Robert

chammi kaiser
02-14-2012, 02:58 PM
I agree with Rob, Annie, I think this has a lovely mystical , misty atmosphere. Could there be Leprechauns hiding behind those trees? I like it a lot.

Ozone
02-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Annie I like your painting, especially along the left side with the little flowers and twigs. Maybe the forward trees could use more branches, I think so, but you would then lose that mystic feeling.

Oz:)

roy-p
02-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Wow, that's an ethereal light coming out of the trees in the distance - could be morning fog, or even a space ship that's landed in the woods! I like the mild, blue reflections on the path.

mooz49
02-16-2012, 03:40 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment and leaving me advice ..... it is much appreciated. I'm still not sure where I should go with it so I shall leave it and go on to the next painting...... just as I usually do. That could explain why I have got so many unfinished pieces all around the house! :eek:

wetbob
02-16-2012, 07:14 AM
wow great feel

tommyjav
02-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Very nice! Makes me think of "the light at the end of the tunnel".:clap: :thumbsup:
Tommy