GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Pathway
Year Created: 2003
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 5 x 7
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
messing with pochades .. 15 min give or take .. did 4 in an hour.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
<?>

artbabe21
04-12-2003, 11:38 PM
nice Wayne...you're fast! this is exactly what I need more of!!
getting those values in...what colors are your value in the distances...you always mix great neutrals...:)

Wayne Gaudon
04-13-2003, 06:23 AM
thanks Cath~ .. I haven't done any pochades for awhile and I need to these more often .. I couldn't tell you the color as I just mix and match on the fly .. usually a mixture of a few greys that are made by mixing a color with it's compliment .. sometimes I mix a neutral grey and then just add little bits of color to it. This will be very valuable when I get around to making the painting.

coulter
04-13-2003, 10:57 AM
This looks like soooo much fun, I gotta find time to get out and do this.....

Great going Wayne! Let's see the big version!

Mark

arourapope
04-13-2003, 06:39 PM
Hey Wayne, you just keep these coming. And I gotta ask: See I'm going to be doing a bit of plein air in May at the WC reunion thing, and I paint thick and fat a lot with a knife like you do. How do you set these up to travel? I've thought about building a sort of partition area in the trunk of the car that the panels could sit in flat, but is there an easier way I'm clueless about? They will have to travel almost two hours.

Wayne Gaudon
04-13-2003, 08:56 PM
thanks all

I think the best way to carry the panels is to have a box like the old stackable paper trays .. I have to build one yet .. I have a pickup truck with a tunnel cover so I can just lie things on the floor and surrond them with things so they can't move LOL .. not practical but it works. I had a box build but I lost it in the move .. who knows where .. I will build another .. think box opening from the side with 5 or 6 shelves .. you lay your panels on each shelf and then close the box .. cehck the articles on pochaed boxes in Plein Air Forums ..
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Apr-2003/5946-orange.jpg

arourapope
04-13-2003, 09:24 PM
cool Wayne! Thanks. I probably won't have time to do anything that extensive right now, but I'll look into it in the future. Might be moving to the mountains :clap: :clap: :clap: so I imagine there would be lots of wonderful things just begging to be painted. I'll probably set up the trunk of the car like you do your truck for now.... seems like it'll work.
I'm happy to see that you're still doing these. I imagine it helps that it's spring?