PDA

View Full Version : sLEEPING gIRL

sugar tree gal
04-12-2003, 07:18 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/04-12-2003/15639_Sleeping_Girl.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: sLEEPING gIRL
Year Created: 2000
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12X14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
jUST A LITTLE GIRL WHO REMINDED ME OF SOMEONE

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
ANYFEED BACK

ceEllicott
04-12-2003, 09:12 PM
she's very cute - - -

maybe shorten her chin a bit because of her age.
Also, a little more difference in values would be good. Darker darks, lightest values around the face?
Right now it looks like the brightest highlights are off in the lower right corner, which you probably didn't intend to be the focal point.

cheryl

designditz
04-13-2003, 01:08 AM
she looks soo sweet! I agree about adding some contrast but perhaps you wanted very light. Nice painting!

johno
04-13-2003, 05:03 AM
ok i think that a young child would be sleeping in subdued lighting and and there would not be much contrast or highlight so i rekon great the way it is, with the drapes close.

andyvry
04-13-2003, 05:44 AM
Aye, this is one of those pictures that prompts a smile, and perhaps some personal reflection of times past. Lovely to see pictures like this. :)

andy.

Leslie Pz
04-15-2003, 03:53 PM
She's very sweet! You captured that "sleeping/breathing" mouth, beautifully.

I too, miss the contrast and would like to see some darks. Maybe a dark (as the value used in her mouth) can be used in the area where her hand tucks under her cheek.

Otherwise, wonderful composition and image!
-Les

wildfleur
04-16-2003, 12:12 AM
She is so sweet! I too agree with the contrast, maybe soften up the nostrils, and the space between the lips and then just lightly dust a little more shadow under the nose on the side that she is laying on! Otherwise great composition, it truly captures the sweetest moments of childhood!
Siobhan