PDA

View Full Version : My latest work

El_Elegante
04-11-2003, 07:44 PM
Here is my latest painting. "Catalyst" 20x16 oil on canvas.

Gar
04-11-2003, 07:46 PM
So you are painting on the sides of yer canvas now EL?:p

El_Elegante
04-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Gar
So you are painting on the sides of yer canvas now EL?:p

sometimes I knock the paint off on them. No, I just havn't felt like sharing my images lately. but I havn't posted in a while here.. so I thought I'd share a painting, without sharing the image. lol.

I actually have been very busy. only done 4-5 paintings in the last 3 weeks. had a job interview today, studying for architecture exams, working overtime, entering competitions, framing works, etc... + I've been working on a huge one that I have been doing since august.. I am about half done now :p

ZOTMA
04-11-2003, 07:57 PM
good to see you round
and the pic (leave em want'n more :D)
merciless schedule, take care

Gar
04-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Ya i haven't been posting or painting a whole lot myself lately. Guess i just haven't had much to say. I am doing a live painting show in Orlando on the 21st. Kinda tryin to gear up fer that. Glad to here your keepin busy buddy. I'll talk to ya soon El.

Peace - Gar

Bisco
04-11-2003, 08:02 PM
It must be the monolith, My monkeys acting funny.

Tamana
04-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Nice profile.

*Straightens up that crooked picture/painting on the wall*

Shalom,

Tam :)

mmk
04-12-2003, 01:32 AM
HAH!

good one El.

El_Elegante
04-12-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by mmk
HAH!

good one El.

actually, it is a very good painting. I am kind of conflicted... I promissed myself a few years ago that after a certain amount and level of works, I'd commit suicide. not for personal reasons, but to reflect the sad state of humanity and what it drives people too. and I don't really want to do it... but it gets closer and closer. I've also contemplated burning 500 works just to get rid of them since no one wants them... my 3rd and final option is to keep painting hundreds and thousands of paintings at my own expense that no one buys.. So I just try and take it one day at a time and stay alive. ah well.. life is rough.. what ya gonna do. I am fully aware of exactly what I am doing.. and it makes me sick. it will be apparent some day.. when I am no longer alive to protest it.

Tamana
04-12-2003, 11:40 AM
You know, El...in reading this, what came to my mind is how blessed you are. I mean you obviously have the means to create, i.e. - materials etc. I think the question you need to ask yourself is "Why am I creating?" I know so many artists who can't afford materials to create, or the resources just aren't there. To them, it's a matter of eating that week, or having power/water vs. painting. It's really sad.

There is no greater blessing than to be able to do something you enjoy. I don't see you not selling your paintings (or children as I call them), as something to be viewed in a detrimental way. Perhaps I would if this were your living and you depended on it, it would be different, but, I'm not sure that's the case. I see just you being blessed and enabled to create. I see a piece of you through your mind and heart that I woud not see without that enablement.

I think that's what it's truly all about.

Shalom,

Tam :)

El_Elegante
04-12-2003, 05:05 PM
yeah. I'm just tired. and cranky. I don't really even want to sell my paintings. I just want to make enough money to stop working and paint more. I'd just assume to keep them all and build a huge 20,000 SF gallery in my home and hang them all.

morendo
04-12-2003, 06:10 PM
I have been contemplating posting my true thoughts on this, as I felt they could be misconstrued especially since we had a difference of opinion in chat. Putting those differences aside, I would like to say the following:

Throughout the ages, there have been artists that think outside the box. After looking at your photo of you painting sideways, I was reminded of the genius Andy Warhol who did helped with the pop Art movement and he was quite the revolutionary. I have yet to see someone purposefully display a painting from it's side. I thought it was funny at first, but now I see innovation.

Truthfully, I wonder if you have tried that idea with a museum or gallery and see what they think? When someone walks into a display area, all they see is a painting on it's side, never able to see the real painting. What yearnings you would create. Didn't we all want to see the painting? I know I did. But I was denied.
We were all denied.

You truly created something remarkable with your picture of your painting sideways. I see innovation. Think about it.

El_Elegante
04-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by morendo

Truthfully, I wonder if you have tried that idea with a museum or gallery and see what they think? When someone walks into a display area, all they see is a painting on it's side, never able to see the real painting. What yearnings you would create. Didn't we all want to see the painting? I know I did. But I was denied.
We were all denied.

You truly created something remarkable with your picture of your painting sideways. I see innovation. Think about it.

LOL I supose your right.. I inadvertantly pulled a duchamp. How embarassing. :p