Dimension: 9 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Only painted a boat once before...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Critique please...comments, too.

woodguy
04-11-2003, 06:16 PM
Great palette! I love the mood...and the boat....and especially the building behind it! Jim

Paintonbrush
04-11-2003, 07:25 PM
cream and shadow in water so attractive. Where is St michael?

Luzie
04-11-2003, 09:02 PM
The colors are absolutely yummi!
The brushstrokes are a delight, the only thing I am not sure of is that rectangular which the pols (sp) create?
But stunning, maybe you should do more like these

:D

coulter
04-11-2003, 10:10 PM
It's great Susan!! The only thing I would say in way of critique is the lighter lines running to the masts, could be more mere sugestions that is there now... but the limited palette, the reflections, very very nice!

mark

bnoonan
04-11-2003, 10:54 PM
Where is St michael?

Hi there,
I can answer that question - it's in Chesapeake Bay, Maryland and this is exactly what it looks like. That's the maritime museum in the background. Ironically I was just having a conversation about this exact location today with a model I'm painting who sings sea chanties and lived there for awhile (see his portrait in the pastel threads).

Lovely job, Great reflections on the water. I'm in agreement with Coulter that those lighter lines are distracting at the moment. I like the tilted mast on the boat on the left - it adds a tension to the scene.

Beautiful!!! Makes me want to go back.

Barb

artinoils
04-11-2003, 11:13 PM
Jim, trying to lighten up my palette...thanks for mentioning.

Dianne, Barb is right. It's across the Chesapeake from Annapolis. We went there by boat and anchored. There are motored dignys that will pick you up and take you ashore. The town is quaint and lovely as well. Did this from a photo I took several years ago.

Luzie, Mark, and Barb...I tried to make those lines thin and straight. Never drink coffee before detailed work!:evil:

jerryW
04-12-2003, 04:31 AM
exquisitely rich,
excitingly assymetric and tilted powerfully in parts.
concentrations of dark are seductive accellerators for rich color applied with innate understanding and appreciation.
love it!

artinoils
04-12-2003, 12:06 PM
Jerry, wow...thank you.