PDA

View Full Version : Flamencodancer in oilpastel

Dima
04-10-2003, 05:30 PM
Did a sketch in oilbars on Figueras oilpaper and worked it with turps. Over that worked with oilpastels and varnished it with Talens varnish for oilpastels.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Apr-2003/2034-Flamenco2.jpg

Dick

Mo.
04-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Good work Dick, you are doing great with the oil pastels ... I like it a lot, she looks a bit angry though.:)

So what is Figueras oilpaper ? Not heard of that one, what is it like to work with, give us some details please, and how did you find the oil bars? I've considered those, but they are pretty expensive to buy here.

cheers,
Mo.

doe
04-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Great colors and I like the loose application (think I've said that before). Becoming a fan of oil pastels!:D

Sueb
04-11-2003, 09:56 AM
WOW! The colors are great and I love to following your progress with the oil pastels..

meowmeow
04-11-2003, 10:17 AM
Great pose...yes, she does look angry. Or...maybe she is hot and tired from dancing. :D
Very nice. It is interesting to see the differences and the similarities to how the oil pastels are compared to pastels.

Sandy

bnoonan
04-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Dick, she's great. Your style is so different from mine that I have to take a minute to adjust when I see it - but then I look closer and see all the colors and strokes you do in each piece and I smile. All that said, I never expect a smile from a Flamenco dancer - they are far too serious about their art and it's a lot of work.

It's a very loose piece of work - well done!!! So glad you shared it!!!

Barb:clap:

ginatec
04-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Hi Dick
This is great...you got the Flamenco mood just right!Ole:D

Drumbeat-trish
04-12-2003, 05:08 PM
like the looseness !!!!!!!! She sure looks like one fiery woman :)

Dima
04-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Thank you all for your nice comments.
Mo, figueras is a canson paper with a linenlike structure and specially primed for oils and acrylics.
BTW I didn't think this paper well suited for the oilpastels, too smooth/slippery for my taste. If I were to use it again I would first apply a layer of clear gesso base which makes a wonderful ground for pastels.

Dick