PDA

View Full Version : ferry ride

Sueb
04-10-2003, 11:19 AM
oil pastel, Le Carte, 9x12

This was an experment with a paper I usually do not use. It came out with a unique look but not what I was after. I also used turps with Q tips and brush to try to move the paint around but the technique wasn't really one that lends it self to this type of paper.

All comments appreciated. I may have another try in the future on the correct type of paper. Thanks for looking.

Sue

Redsy333
04-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Very nice composition working, I like the idea of using a qtip, sounds like fun!
:D:D:D

Mo.
04-10-2003, 06:07 PM
I also used turps with Q tips and brush to try to move the paint around but the technique wasn't really one that lends it self to this type of paper.

Sue...I've also found some papers are better than others, I'm tempted to try art spectrum next, but fear it will gobble up the pastels, but nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. What would we do without those Q tips hey? :D

Cheers,
Mo.

Sueb
04-11-2003, 08:48 AM
Redsey, The blending techniques I tried are courtesy of Mo.

Mo, I have tried the Art Spectrum and liked it, maybe 2nd to Wallis. When I ordered my pastels a couple of months ago, I also ordered the Dakota sampler and am working my way through the package. Normally I would not have used a toothless paper.

Thanks for looking and your comments, y'all.

Sue