PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Riot 4/8 through 4/13

butterfly
04-08-2003, 05:43 PM
Since no one has posted a picture thought I would take Wendy's advice and post the baby horsie ...she doesn't have a name yet and I will also post one of her mom, named Gracie and we can do both together on one sheet or separate.

A reminder that anyone can join in a do this. It isn't timed. Just try and submit before the 13th of April. We are short a few days, but I agree with Smudger and feel we should continue this. Good luck every one and have fun (sorry the pictures aren't that good but I tried)

butterfly
04-08-2003, 05:46 PM
And here's Gracie ... her ears were pinned was wondering what I was doing to her baby ...

sundiver
04-08-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm on it, Roni, thanks! Think I'll try the littl'un, maybe on black paper.
And Gina, sounds like you've volunteered for next week!?! Something Easterish sounds great, keeping in mind some of our members don't celebrate that holiday.

louiethe_cat
04-08-2003, 11:18 PM
I'll give it a try tomorrow, no special rules?:)

butterfly
04-09-2003, 09:40 AM
LTC: No special rules. We doing this to see how everyone would handle the subject. You can look back on the other posts from the lasts weeks.

Sundiver: You are welcome. Don't know if I maybe bit off more than I can chew but am going to try both heads only on one sheet.

Good luck everyone!

Butterfly/Roni

Mo.
04-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Okay...here you go Roni...
Gracie and foal...Mo's style :)

Soft....dusty but oh so nice pastels on deep blue cansons, size
11.1/2 x8 inches. time about 1and half hours.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Apr-2003/5154-Gracieandfoal.jpg

Hey I'm first! :)

cheers,
Mo.

butterfly
04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Mo:

Wow great job! That's the idea I have in mind also to put them together. Gosh sure hope I can handle it the way you did.

(Forgot to mention there is a shaved spot on the little girls neck where the Vet had to administer intravenous because she didn't nurse well the first day and needed some cholostrum(?sp) to build up her antibodies. So you don't have to paint that if you don't want to.)

Ahh...Mo, I think I read that the one who is first gets to pick the pictures for the next "Riot", BUT, I think Gina from last week mentioned something about posting pictures for the upcoming holidays next week, so you guys can figure it out. There is the week after that also.

But... I still have to get through this weeks

Butterfly/Roni

louiethe_cat
04-09-2003, 09:24 PM
I tried doing a painting of "baby horsie" tonite. I tried doing it as 'impressionism" and it really was turning out good, but I kept going over it, and eventually was loosing it's impressionistic look, and in the end didn't look like a horse at all, it looked like a retarded jackass. So, I'll try it again tomorrow, I'd like to stick with the impressionism, I like the style, mistakes seem to be easier to cover up. Photo realistic is something I have to spend hours and hours and.....even then may not turn out well. :)

Mo.
04-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks Roni:) hope you get some more paintings of Gracie before the week is out. :)

Alan :D I'd love to see your retarded jackass! ROTFL!!

cheers,
Mo.

louiethe_cat
04-10-2003, 09:06 PM
I'm not posting my mug on this tonite! LMAOWROFLMTMNWS!! (do you have the code sheet for this one?) This is called no sleep.

sundiver
04-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Nice mom and child, Mo. I like the way you did the sheen of the coat.
Alan, this should make you feel better about your little jackass.
Oil pastel, 5x7. Maybe I'm in my Fauvist period, since she ended up mostly blue!

louiethe_cat
04-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Oh, I didn't mean to overlook your beautiful painting Mo, getting sidetracked past couple days has been the rule. Today the worst. All your work is spectaculor, you rank among the best in this site.
Sun, that really is funny, but I hate to say it, yours is a lot better, I should have kept mine and posted it anyway, but it is in the "circular file"-but I may not let you down, I might just paint another JA tomorrow! (hopefully not):D

butterfly
04-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Sundiver:

Wendy I think this is a good likeness to the baby. Now you have to try Gracie.

Look who is talking I haven't tried either one yet. Will tho tomorrow. Hubby hurt his back so I have been real nice and doing some of his chores with the animals. (I'd rather be painting them). I'm going to give them both a try and get it in just under the wire again. Well for eastern, u.s. time anyway

Butterfly/Roni